- Vitamin K2 promotes calcium transport into bones and not soft tissues. *
- Contains both MK-4 and MK-7 forms of K2. They are distinct vitamins and play separate roles in your health. Only MK-4 is found in the brain, fetus, and breast milk. MK-4 is the predominant K2 in the body.*
- Foods rich in K2 (organ meats and traditional fermented foods) are not common in modern diets. So, K2 deficiency can be common.
- Contains MK-7 in the bioactive ‘TRANS’ form. Some K2 supplements contain a blend of TRANS and CIS forms. CIS form is not found in nature and may be limited in activity.
- This product does not contain K1 because your body recycles K1 and deficiencies are rare. Also, K1 does not provide heart health benefits. *
1. Why supplement with Vitamin K2
-K2 is essential in directing calcium into bones and teeth *
-K2 deficiency may be common as K2 is not stored efficiently in the body and is nearly absent in modern diets (Foie gras and Natto are the best sources).
-MK-4 and MK-7 are distributed differently and activate different proteins in the body, but both are important for good health*
-MK-4 is the key Vitamin K2 found in the brain*
-MK-4 travels across the placenta to the developing foetus. MK-7 does not reach the foetus *
3. Trans MK-7 – the form found in nature
-MK-7 comes in two forms - CIS and TRANS. Some supplements are a mix of CIS and TRANS.
-CIS form is not nature-identical and may have limited activity
-TRANS form is found in nature and foods and is recognized and absorbed by the body
-InnovixLabs contains TRANS MK-7
4. Vitamin K1-Free formula by design
-The human body recycles K1 so deficiencies are rare in adults
-Excess K1 interferes with blood thinning medications
5. Small, Easy-to-Swallow pills, Soy-Free K2, and non-GMO.
6. Encapsulated, packaged, and tested in USA with global and domestic ingredients. Tested and re-tested by both in-house and third-party labs to guarantee purity and potency..
[*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.]
There are two main forms of Vitamin K - K1 & K2. Vitamin K1 is the most commonly consumed form of Vitamin K, and deficiency is uncommon since it is found abundantly in foods. K2 is limited in modern diet, but it is an important nutrient. The most important subtypes of K2 are MK-4 & MK-7. Vitamin K2 plays a crucial role in several biological processes, but its main function is to activate calcium-binding proteins, which help to build and maintain bones and teeth.*
Libra Health is an authorised reseller of Innovix Pharma supplements.